Thursday, December 27, 2007
PS - at his b-day we gave him cake and he didn't like it - he is such a heath nut :) ...
PSS - I attached a pic of Jerrell and my grandma with the Christmas turkey because this year she had us make it because she was just recovering from cancer treatment
Sunday, November 11, 2007
On another side note I added a pictue of one of his/our hero's of the faith...our devotional this morning was on hero's and one of Jay and my hero's is Pastor Nazir Massih...he is a man of God who started a church in his home in Northern India of 3 and now it has grown to over 300 churches and over 70,000 members...just amazing all that God has done through this man...he is a humble man who Jay and I pray we would have faith like on this earth...He loves God and desires that all would come to know Jesus...that is what Jay preached on today and it was powerful...that all may come to know Jesus...that Jesus is for the world...as I listened to Jay preach today, what I thought in my heart is Lord please teach us to teach Jayk about Jesus being for everyone, teach us to teach him to love his elders is another thought that ran through my mind as I sat between my two sweet grandma's...Lord teach us to love and nurture our little guy...I pray that whoever reads this blog would be encouraged that God's love is amazing and for you...may we have faith in Christ...and if we have kids may we teach them about faith in Christ...but I heard a quote one time that we can't really give what we haven't truly recieved...may we recieve the love of Christ and give the love of Christ, may we take hold of faith in Christ and walk in that faith...our greatest example to our husband, kids and a hurting world is us walking and loving God...I pray this may be so in our lives...blessings....
Monday, November 05, 2007
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
Saturday, October 13, 2007
1. Who is your man? Jerrell "Jay"
2. How long have you been together? We have been together for 8 years (married for 5) we met in the summer of 1999 when I was 18 and he was 20
3. How long did you date? We had a 3 year long distant relationship...we would go months sometimes not seeing each other...WOW was that hard!!! We tried to see each other about once a month but sometimes that didn't happen...I graduated and 2 weeks later we were married...
4. How old is your man? 29 as of October 11
5. Who eats more? Jerrell....but I am known as the "picker" I "pick" alot, like tops of muffins, bites of ice cream...I like the best bites... :)
6. Who said "I love you" first? Jerrell...I had a rule that I lived by that I would not say it first...man was that hard, because I felt it but waited months till he said it first...It would be on the tip of my lips everytime we talked and it was so nice to have the freedom to say it to him after he said it to me...
7. Who is taller? Jerrell...he is 6 ft. and I am 5.6 ft...I am the shortest in my imediate fam...my sister is 6.1 ft. my dad 6.4 and my mom 5.9...but I tell Jerrell that God made me just for him :)
8. Who sings better? Neither. We struggle....Jerrell one time was asked by someone in church to not sing because he was a distratction...and don't worry they were dead serious!!!! It is pretty bad....
9. Who is smarter? Jerrell...which I love, but we both bring things to the table...
10. Whose temper is worse? Jerrell....he struggles with bad drivers and WOMEN on cell phones that drive bad, not MEN but WOMEN....We often joke that if someone is driving badly I say it is a MAN and he says it is a WOMAN...we are both sexiest!
11. Who does the laundry? We both do...He helps me out a ton!!!!!!
12. Who takes out the garbage? We both do...to the door...we have trash pick up at our condo's MWF
13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do...Closest to Jayk's room...so I can hear him first...
14. Who pays the bills? Jerrell...I did at the beginning of our marriage but it so just easier for him to...we have only had to pay late payment on our morgage twice...so that is good...he is usually timely...
15. Who is better with the computer? Jerrell...is a NERD...a hidden NERD...he doesn't want anyone to know but he is...and I LOVE MY NERD
16. Who mows the lawn? We don't have a lawn..but I do have to say that when Jay and I were first married we had a lawn business for extra money...we were poor...I ran the push mower, and it was not self propelled...and he ran the weed eater...reason being that when I did the weed eater it looked like someone had just killled the grass!!!! I struggled...
17. Who cooks dinner? I do...but Jerrell can cook a mean beef strogonoff
18. Who drives when you are together? Jerrell does...he likes to be in control :)
19. Who pays when you go out? Doesn't really matter to us...I don't carry a purse so Jay usually has his wallet...I have been anti-purse for several years and will be sticking with it for the next several...I believe there will always be a good gym bag when I need to carry something...
20. Who is most stubborn?We like to call it strong-willed and I would have to say that we tie on this one!!!!
21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? We both are pretty good at asking for forgiveness...we weren't early on in the marriage but it has been a blessing to just appologize and move on...as our pre marriage couselor said you can either be mad at each other or you can use that time to make love... :)
22. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine...they live in our same Condo's it is awesome...a pool separates us...
23. Who kissed who first? We kissed each other...I will never forget it...it was like fireworks...and has only gotten better with time!
24. Who asked who out? My man asked me out...He is very in control and takes charge...He is the kinda man that knows what he wants and goes after it...I am just glad I am the one he wanted!
25. Who proposed? Jerrell on my 21st b-day on July 21st 2001
26. Who is more sensitive? I am more sensitive but Jay is a very sensitive man...not over the top but he does have a sensitive side
27. Who has more friends? Jay - he has NEVER met a stranger that is one thing that attracted me to him...
28. Who has more siblings? Jerrell...he has 2 older brothers...I have one younger sister
29. Who wears the pants in the family? Jerrell...he is the man of this house!!! I love it and don't want the pants...
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Well the other day we took Jayk to the hairdresser to see Nanny and I was flooded with those memories...flooded with the smells, rollers and my sweet grandma under the blow dryer...I could of cried but new that is wasnt' the time or the place...Jayk seemed to appreciate the big fish aquarium more than the salon but I sure was captivated by a sweet thoughts and thanked Jesus for a woman that means more to me than words can describe...she is my sweet "Nanny T", my namesake "Marjorie" and a woman who has loved me and served me unconditionally for years...Oh how I love my sweet Nanny...
Tuesday, September 04, 2007
*Jayk wearing a suit that we got for my dads swearing in as a judge...
*Jayk riding his horse and loving it...
*His frist time swinging in the park...loving it...mom and dad loved it just as much!!!!
*Him standing for the first time in his bed when we came to wake him up from his nap...CRAZY
Our sweet little boy is growing up!!!!
Monday, August 27, 2007
Jayk is doing better...his ear is bothering him some but the doctor says things are fine for now...just pray that the ear infection stays away.
Me (dad) just got back from a two day retreat at Carolina Creek where I spoke to Fort Bend Baptist Academy's senior class. It was a great time (not long enough) but pray for those seniors because I believe there are several of them that walk with Jesus and want see things happen there at their high school. Pray for David Hook & Todd Prince, Principal & Vice Principal as they try to lead that school towards Jesus!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Kay & one of her friends made these shirts that say "surrender" on the front of them several summers ago...and on the back "EVERYTHING...Rom. 13:12)...so I purposelly put this shirt on tonight (because you aren't supposed to wear it unless you believe and trust these things to happen. So I dug through the drawer to find it and told Jesus "I SURRENDER..." So pray with me or at least hurt with a brother! Jerrell
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Recently we went on our first bike ride...it was so fun...it was a dream come true to be bike riding with our little guy on the back...so fun making memories...his helmet was a little big, and boy was he thirsty after we got back...
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Monday, August 06, 2007
My little guy is all at once getting THREE teeth...Maybe this is a common thing, but wow...The poor guy has been in pain and chewing everything in site...from toys to blankets and even an occasional cell phone...he is gettig the two bottom ones and then one of his top ones...did I mention all at once...Crazy...Here is a little picture if you look close at the bottom of his mouth you will see his little teeth...